Thursday, January 16, 2014

WHO SAYS LOVE IS ONLY ABOUT SEX

A 95-year-old man goes for his annual physical check-up. The doctor asks him how he feels. He tells the doctor that he feels great and even has a beautiful 25-year-old girlfriend who is pregnant.

The doctor smiles and tells the patient a story about an elderly patient of his who lives in a cottage near a lake in a forest area.

One day, the man hears a noise and looks out the window. He sees a bear on his property. He reaches for his rifle and, instead - by mistake - grabs a broomstick, opens the door and shoots the bear. The bear dies instantly.

The 95-year-old patient laughs and says, “That is obviously not possible; someone else must have shot the bear."

The doctor responds by saying, “That is exactly my point”


Fifteen years ago, as I approached my 70th birthday, I came up with what I believed to be a humorous response when calling to speak to potential clients, and were told that they were out of town, busy on a call, or in a meeting etc. I just said, “I understand. Please ask them to call me when they can and please tell them that I am going to be 70 years old and I do not have a lot of time.”

WOW! And now, in two weeks,

I will celebrate my 85th birthday. Is that scary? No it is not. 

Today's blog is dedicated to you - all of my family, my personal, talented business and professional friends of both many years and new. All of you who read my blogs. All of you who call me even though we live miles apart, as well who come to visit me whenever you are in California.

These are love affairs of the heart which make each day of life meaningful. I especially want to again thank all of you for the cards, phone calls, baskets and donations sent to me when my beloved Anna, who many in the hotel industry knew through her attendance at conferences with me, passed away.

Sadly we have lost many of our dear friends this past year, but they live on in our hearts.

Finally, I am still active involved as a consultant. My new book, which you have been reading about, is in the final stages of publication and I am out speaking about it. All of you have made this possible by the inspiration you give me through our loving relationships.

So how will I spend my big birthday? To paraphrase one of my favorite songs, “Just thinking of you-and the wonderful experiences we’ve had.”

And what would I like for my birthday? Nothing that will cost a dime. Just share my blogs, get others to sign on and help me spread the word that no matter what cards you have been dealt through the journey - life itself, though filled with pain and suffering, can be happy and joyful, and as I have discovered.

"The past is done and over, the future is ours to mold.”

Bernard ("Bernie") Otis is the author of the upcoming international bestseller, "How To Prepare For Old Age (If You Haven't Married Into A Wealthy Family)". If you have a question or comment, or a personal story about life and aging, please send me an email to seymour.otis@gmail.com.





No comments:

Post a Comment