Wednesday, March 12, 2014

THE 85 YEAR OLD 16 YEAR OLD KID


When I was a 16 year old kid and saw an 85 year old man holding hands with a beautiful woman slightly younger than himself,  I asked myself  “How is that possible?"

But now that I am that 85 year old 16 year old KID, I think I finally know the answer

Love is like the seed of a rose bush
When you plant it in the Garden of Eden.

And then feed and nourish it
letting the sun and the moon shine upon it

You will smell the rich aroma and feel the love 
That comes from heaven above.

Bernie Otis

But first some exciting news: The reason you have not seen a Blog for the past two weeks is because I was finishing my Book and it now it is in the hands of the publisher and soon will be introduced to the public-WOW-Thanks for all of your support.

I have written extensively about the aging process and how society shields its youth from  the tragedies of life, thinking they do not understand such things at an early age.

The fact is that they do and I want, in today’s Blog, to demonstrate that as vividly as possible. In this regard, I honor the memory of Jay Glaser, a 51 year old highly-respected family man and attorney in California who died as a result of  an automobile accident on January 11, 2014.

As his family was sorting though his papers, they came upon some Poems that he had written at the age of 14, an age that society deems young and not quite ready to think of things like aging, serious love, planning for death etc.etc. 

Hopefully after reading these beautiful Poems that came from the heart of a mere KID you will agree with me that we all need to take the thoughts of our youth seriously and encourage them to speak out about their thinking

That is why this 85 Year Old 16 Year Old KID has written a Book talking about them and why in that Book I carry on a conversation with them so that they understand that they are important.

I know from speaking with Jay’s mother, Judy Cotton, a skilled professional, at his funeral the impact of finding Jay’s words had on her as she bid farewell to a son she so love.

May his words inspire us for years to come.

Poems Written By Jay Glaser – March 12, 1978
Jay Martin Glaser -  7/17/1963 – January 11, 2014


“WHEN  I  DIE  I  WANT  NO  MISERY
I  WANT  PEOPLE  TO  BE  HAPPY
REMEMBERING  HAPPY  THINGS”

___________________

“I  AM  NOT  A  MOURNER
I  LIVED  A  LIFE  OF  HAPPINESS
AND  THIS  IS  THE  MEMORY
THEY  WILL  VALUE  FOR  ME”

____________________

SHUT  YOUR  EYES  AND   THINK  OF  TIME   PASSING

THINK  OF   WHAT  THE   FUTURE   WILL  BE

NOBODY   KNOWS  WHAT  THE  FUTURE  WILL  BRING

IT  IS  TRULY   A  MYSTERY.

_______________________

OPEN   YOUR  EYES  AND  EXPERIENCE   LIFE

MAKE  LIFE   WHAT   IT   WILL BE

FOR  LIFE  IS  ONLY   WHAT YOU  MAKE  IT
TICK  TOCK  TICK  TOCK  TICK  TOCK

_________________________________



May he rest in everlasting Peace and his words live on into eternity
Bernie Otis



Bernard ("Bernie") Otis is the author of the upcoming international bestseller, "How To Prepare For Old Age (If You Haven't Married Into A Wealthy Family)". If you have a question or comment, or a personal story about life and aging, please send me an email to seymour.otis@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Bernie, and THANK YOU for sharing your humor and wisdom with the rest of us. Your friend Jay was obviously wise beyond his years from a very early age. What a wonderful gift for his family to find those inspiring words.

    ReplyDelete